[Furniture] Asher Israelow

Remodeling and Home Design
Last weekend, at a party for the opening of Workstead's new office in Brooklyn, I met partners Robert Highsmith and Stefanie Brechbuehler. They were very warm and welcoming and they introduced me some wonderful people. I felt comfortable and at home, surrounded by creative designers and architects. My people! One person in particular, who's furniture designs left a lasting impression on me was Asher Israelow. Asher and I got to talking and I was excited to learn that some of the furniture pieces I had been eying in the office were actually products of his handiwork. I was even more excited when he mentioned he has a workshop in the area, because I've been dying to find someone to teach me more about making furniture. Up until this point, I've been self taught when it comes to furniture design, and to be honest, I didn't think I was half bad. But after seeing the work of a real craftsman, I realized just how much I have to learn.

Take a look, his work speaks for itself:



I'm looking forward to spending more time with Asher when I get back to NY. Keep your eyes peeled for some asher+cush collaborations in the future!



3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I got turned on to Workstead's brilliant lighting a few months back. Their industrial designs are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete