[Life] Wake Up Call

Remodeling and Home Design
Excuse me for going off topic on this one, I couldn't not share this. I was out of the country without a computer when this video first leaked, and I've never even heard about it until now. Forgive me if this is old news, but I just watched it for the first time. If you haven't seen these videos, I highly recommend watching them all the way through.

Now imagine the fear and hate the regular everyday people in Iraq must have toward American Soldiers. We are marching through their neighborhoods with machine guns having shoot outs, killing innocent people for the hell of it. Of course they hate us. We are sitting behind cannons in helicopters blowing innocent people away and laughing about it as the dust settles.

This whole leak may have been cleverly planned to get a certain reaction out of people, or, it may have been a real leak "they" didn't want us to see, I don't know. Either way it's hard to watch this and see an example of what our military is actually doing over there.

I remember learning about the Holocaust in history class growing up and wondering how a whole country of Germans could stand by and let it happen. They say the majority of the Germans didn't know what was actually going on at the time. I know this doesn't compare to the devastation of the Holocaust, but similarly, I think most Americans don't actually know whats going on in Iraq. Personally, I never cared to know. After watching this video though, I am beyond ashamed. I am horrified. This has to stop, right? We need to shed light on things if we want them to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment